Monday, July 11, 2005

Agony and pain

Last night i woke at 3-30 am in thriving pain. I got up(wandered around like a creppid old woman) and started to cry! My throat feels like its been attacked with a vigerous rubbing of sandpaper. Or even slashed with a thousand lashings of a razor blade. Its all on the right side. Even my ear canal is throbbing. I cant swallow. Not even my own spit! I was so parched. All i wanted to do was guzzle some lemonade.
I stood in the kitchen with the phone in my hand while tears rolled down my cheeks. I was going to ring my mum. I didnt know what to do. I thought should i call an ambulance to take me to hospital? I couldnt handle this pain any longer. Should i wake keith to drive me to the emergeny department? Or should i take some panadol and go back to bed? I chose the last option.
I hear keith in the morning getting ready for work. I get up, and realise i am drenched in persperation. The attempt of having a cup of coffee took me one hour to ingest. By this time i am freezing. I have a boiling hot shower for 20 mins. I am still flippin well cold! i rug up and turn the heater temperature to its full capacity. Finally i begin to thaw.
I get to the Drs at 10am.I Explain to her my events for the night, and how much agonising pain i am in. Out she gets her torch and looks at my festy throat. Then looks at my swollen ear canal. She says she can give me a penicillin injection. Without any hesitation i say,"NO". The size of these injections are almost that of a cigarette. And its a deep muscular shot in the bottom. Uh ah. No way! Agony.
So i opt for the antibiotics. Four a day for 12 days, Penicillin Capsules. She tells me if i had have left this condition without treatment, i would have ended up in hospital with an abcess. Thank goodness i have seen the quack and done the right thing. She tells me to eat soft foods. Ice-cream, jelly, yogurt and soup. Also to include fluids as i dont want to end up dehydrated.
As i type my condition, my throat is throbbing as well as my ear. I am trying to have a milo. I just have to force it down. Its ever so painful. I have to give this pain a score of 10 out of 10. Analgesia doesnt seem to work. Hopefully the antibiotics should kick in within 24-48hrs. I just have to ride with it. Put up with it. Fingers crossed i can enjoy a nice juicy steak in a couple of days...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time Please wake me.
I'd be happy to help anyway i can no matter what time.
If you die i have to pay all the rent!!! LOL

poor baby!! :)

4:35 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

OMG. dont say that...AAAARRGH!!!

4:39 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Cutiepie, I realise I'm low on your list, but I keep trying. Give me marks for that.

Robert.

6:18 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor babe,
keep your head elevated, so as the pressure doesnt build in your ears.

Also, Yaukult babe. Dont wanna get thrush!!

(((((ange))))))

8:07 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

yes i have all the ailments to avoid that nasty bug! eww yucky.

10:24 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

thanx mc im 100% now but am still on antibiotics

5:55 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home