Monday, December 12, 2005

Idont want to do it!!!

This friday i am meant to nanna sit. I really dont want to do it. The reasons;

A)I live an hours drive away
B)What if she dies? (I dont want to see my nan dead)
C)I will have just nursed the sick for 5days straight. And i dont want to nurse my nan.

I love her and she is my last grandparent. But she's no longer the person i knew. She is an empty shell.
I feel guilty for having feel like this, But honestly I dont want to be a sitter.
I told mum i would be down around 7-7.30pm. This doesn't suit. She and dad are off to at a 60th birthday party dinner in the city due to start at 7pm.
I told mum to see if she can get a sitter through the palliative care service. She said she'd try. Our conversation ended with her saying "Dont worry about it."

I have been telling mum for the past week that it's time she went into a hospice. She is full nursing care and requires supervision with all daily tasks. Mum says she cant do that to her. she'd feel guilty.
I mentioned this to my boss at work. she believes that my mother is in denial.
I tend to agree.
WTF do i do????I just dont want to do it! I dont want to nurse her!!!
Am i being unreasonable?????? I am happy to visit with my other family members around. I dont want to be nurse Ange to my nan....

3 Comments:

Blogger consise10 said...

oh dear me, I can literally hear you screaming ange. Is it all possible to get your 'boss' over for a chat with your Mother?
Im not sure.. it sounds like a difficult one. She would most probably be better of in care with what you describe. Good luck with it mate.

11:35 pm AEDT  
Blogger Fred said...

It sounds like a hospice is the best way forward. Maybe there are some success stories of others in nanna's position?

1:03 pm AEDT  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

A hospice is for someone dying, Is your Nanna dying? I can sympathize with your mother not wanting to put her "away". It's a hard thing to do. She loves her and only wants her to get the best care. There does come a point when those kinds of decisions have to be made. If they find a place close enough, then she can still go visit on a regular basis.

As far as you "Nanna sitting" goes, If she happens to be able to find someone else, then that is good for you. If your mom is taking care of her 24/7 then it is nice for her to get out occasionally. If Nanna dies while you are there, then it will be with someone who knows her and not a stranger. I would swallow your pride and do it for your mom.

3:06 am AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home