Wednesday, December 07, 2005

An Update

I have a bruise. We all get bruises. But this bruise is in a very unusual place.
You see, I was intoxicated at a party over the weekend. A mixture of cock sucking cowboy's(delicious), red wine, and food didn't mix very well!
I stumbled into the kitchen. The cuboard door was open wide. It was level with my pubic bone. It just jumped out and bit me. And i mean BIT ME!
So my friends. I have shades of a reddish purply bruise on my unmentionables.
Today is wednesday and this happened on saturday night. God it hurt. It still hurts. What a git! Not only that, i couln't hold all the alcohol and food contained in my stomach. The bed was spinning so fast. i swear i was on a loopy loop rollercoaster. So i swayed my way to the bathroom. Need i say more?
I did have a hangover the next day. But i guarantee i would have been 50 times worse if I hadn't have made a trip to the bathroom. Besides that. I had a good time!
As for work in the hospital, Lots has happened. Breifly i will tell you in point form;

A) Nurse T gave a patient 10x the dose of morphine than he shouldv'e been given.The Patient survived with close monitoring, and drugs to reverse the effects of an overdose.Very scary!

B) Patient V passed away after being made palliative and unconscious for 2weeks. Patients V's family went nuts! Security had to come up to the ward as the family were screaming and threatening medical staff. We were labelled as "Murderer's."Patients V's granddaughter hugged her dead grandmother for 7hrs. The family were eventually asked to leave by the heirachy and security. Everyone on the ward were walking on eggshells.Even the other 25 patients on the ward. Not only that, the granddaughter sprawled herself on the floor of the wards corridor wailing and grieving++++. The family have now decided that we did everything wrong for there 91yr old loved one. Its now a coroners case. I was so angry and scared this day. There was no respect for the life that was now lifeless. And we as nurses followed the doctors orders for 30 long days, and gave care and attention to the patient as well as the family. Was this incident associated with there culture? The family are greek. Im not knocking them. But when someone from that ethinicity is ill, there is always a drama.

C) My nan is still kicking on. She's getting weaker and weaker by the day.My mum is a saint. She has become a full time nurse for her. God bless her.

Until another post, nighty night fellow bloggers and commenters.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

I come home with bruises on my thigh all the time because I'm always hitting desks when walking up and down aisles. The Missus is beginning to worry...

11:44 am AEDT  
Blogger consise10 said...

Wow story A is a real worry.Was there anything the hospital did to 'reprimand' the nurse involved?

Story B, again wow! I Know all to well of the 'ethnicity' you speak of,and have witnessed many grand displays of emotion at hospitals where the loved one may be in for whatever reason.I detest it quietly within myself, and without meaning to sound too sarcastic about the loss of the 91 year old grandma, often leave the hospital laughing my head off at the relations who are crowded around the 'miserable' person they are visiting having what probably appears to you the staff and other patients a 'grand old picnic' at the park opposite Williamstown Beach! LMOA.

Thanks for posting the update about your nan ange.

5:01 pm AEDT  
Blogger reverendtimothy said...

What is it about mixing Red Wine with Spirits that ends up with brusing on the hip?

I think we're on to something...

2:21 pm AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home