Sunday, November 27, 2005

battling a busy week

well. whats been happening in the week of Anges life?
1st thing that comes to mind is work. Unfortunately you do spend the majority of living working.

The week started off smoothly.Then at the blink of an eye it all changed.
Mr A deteriorated, Mrs B's condition changed, Mr C's illness worsened and Mr D passed away. Then a few new admissions threw the spanner into the works. talk about stressful. I felt like walking out on friday. it was unbelievably insane. Almost to the extent of tears.Then i started to think WTF would i like to do if i opted for a career change?

A) Teaching? School holidays and public holidays would be a bonus. But when i think of the bigger picture, i dont think i could handle smart arse kids. Nah forget it!

B) secretary? Nah! sitting at a computer all day doing work for your boss, making coffee's and deadlines. See ya!!

C) the technology business. Computers of course. Yeah that sounds interesting, but in what area?hmmmmmmm.

I do like medical. maybe i should look into doing a degree of some sort. Shop around and do some research to see what catches my eye.

Im only going off on another tangent as the workload has been heavy. i can only do so much when i only have 2 hands. i have definately had my running shoes on for the past couple shifts. I would love to wear a pedometer to see how many kms i do. i know one nurse who has done that out of curiosity, and she clocked up 7-8 kilometers! Who needs the gym.

As for out of work, my cousin that i havnt seen for 17yrs has just got engaged. She is living in perth, but will be venturing over to melbourne to have her engagement party. Im in 2 minds as weather to attend. I mean really, its been LONG time no see. Then if i do attend, just maybe we might rekindle a friendship. see what happends.
And now there's christmas partys comming up in the 2nd week od december. Then a 40th. So life isn't so sedate at present. Lots to do and think about.

3 Comments:

Blogger consise10 said...

Ange it`s always so busy the work of a nurse, and never dull. Perhaps you need to take some annual leave. I am currently considering a letter of resignation myself.

I would go to your cousins engagement party for the very reason you outlined here.

10:11 pm AEDT  
Blogger Fred said...

I thought the same thing about teaching, too. Here I am four years later and loving every minute of it.

I'm tired just reading about all you have to do!

4:17 am AEDT  
Blogger ange said...

thanx for the comments guys.
Im just having a F*#@ED week.Six days in a row of early shifts and late shifts beats me around. And i do have 2 glorious weeks off starting dec19th!!! YAY.Roll on holidays...

4:37 pm AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home