Friday, November 18, 2005

30 something

OK OK OK. I have gone a bit nutty with my camera. I love to take pics and post them on my blog. My camera wasn't purchased to sit on my shelves to gather dust and look pretty. So i take pictures whenever the opportunity arises.

I love the flowers that were sent to me from work. I actually had tears in my eyes of joy and happiness. It was such a warm thoughtful gesture. It made me relise that there are people out there that do care.

Birthdays are a celebration of living for another year. Experiencing another 365 days. A year of tales to tell and memories to share. Some good. Some not so good. My mum called and said, "Today is exactly like the day you were born,"(melbourne's warm 29 degree day).
I started to think. Enjoy your birthdays. Not to go WOOHOO(like i have in the past), as one is fortunate enough to have a life and to have lived to the age you turned on on this particular day. Its a gift. To be able to walk, talk and breathe on our planet earth.

Anyway, i went out for dinner to lygon street with a friend. What a beautiful balmy evening. It was so still. No wind, only a slight gentle breeze that put me into a gratified mood with a smile on my face.
Then we went for a drive around St Kilda. OMG! My friend was pointing out the prostitutes. So degrading. So sad. Women standing on a street corner waiting to do business. How? How a woman can bring themselves down to that level? That level of selling their body for sex to any male of age. It makes me cringe. What a life!!!!!!

So im now 33. And my fear wasn't lived. My fear of grandma dying on my birthday. God was i petrified it was going to happen. She's so tough. So strong. Yet so ill. Mum had her write me a card. That made my day! A card hand written with a birthday greeting. My last birthday card off my nan. A tresure to keep forever...

3 Comments:

Blogger ange said...

huh???? who. do tell

6:17 pm AEDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad u enjoyed ur bday babe.

btw, hello MC, u saucy vixen ;)

1:16 am AEDT  
Blogger consise10 said...

Its obvious the street prostitutes are doing it to support a habbit and would definately not pass the physical examination to work in a legalised brothel which offers certain protections and comforts. What bothers me is more the fact that creepy criminal like types drive around looking for them trying to save a buck and who are perhaps infected themselves from stds!If they would too use the brothels then there no longer creates the dangerous demands to 'turn tricks' on street corners, which affects the whole community.
St Kilda is otherwise a very colorful and pretty scenic spot in our city, I love going out there and to the other place you mentioned.
Beautiful floral arrangement you were given by the way Ange thanks for sharing it :)

5:14 pm AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home