Saturday, February 11, 2006

WHEN THIGS GO WRONG! ARGH

Friday i get home from work and decide that i better wash my dishes.
I turn on the hot tap to fill up the sink and add a bit of cold. When putting the cold tap on, there was an awful clunking sound through the pipes.
I go to turn the cold tap off, but to no avail. The bloody thing was spewing out high pressured water. WTF do i do?
I call my parents (as they own this house im living in) in a panic. Dad starts yelling at me, I start yelling at him, then my calm mother gets on the phone.She tells me to turn off the water at the main tap out the front. Problem! There's no tap!!! Its snapped off.
I tell her i will get out my tool kit and try to turn it off. The conversation ended with me in a tis.
Here i start collecting water in buckets running backwards and forwards to the garden. I decided i need a man. So i call my friend who came to the rescue within 15minutes.
He got the flow down to a bear minimum. But i still continued to collect water in the buckets.
My dad and mum arrive 1hr later and its the rubber ring in the washer that had gone. Dad fixed it within 5 minutes.(At first he did tell me to ring a plumber! HELLO! That would have cost a fortune.)
Any way, as my parents are the landlords, they are going to call the water company to come and repair the mains out the front.About bloody time!
Now all i have to worry about my PC. The modem is stuffed. Sometimes it lets me connect, and other times not.Very frustrating!
And last but not least, my nice brand new sexy car that i have only had for 9 months keeps stopping when i have reversed and go into drive. So thats another repair job. At least its under warranty. Its the inconvienience of going to the workshop and waiting for approximately 2 hours!!!!!!!
Why wasn't life meant to be easy?????

9 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

If it were easy, we'd all be rich. Now, wouldn't that be dull? :)

2:58 pm AEDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world babycakes... It seems the rollercoaster is on a downward slide ATM!!
*sobs* Im gonna get drunk tonight.....

11:21 am AEDT  
Blogger ange said...

And my kettle snuffed it!!!!
No drama's, I bought a nice new chrome one. And the tap out the front has been repaired....Phew!

4:37 pm AEDT  
Blogger ange said...

You have a point fred. If life was easy there would be no challenges.

4:38 pm AEDT  
Blogger R.H. said...

Yes, well wake up!
Only a blonde would put an electric kettle on the gas!

6:50 pm AEDT  
Blogger consise10 said...

What a disaster ange! Thank god for the man you called over! Computers are always so frustrating and costly to repair,not to mention cars..Good luck with it all :-}

7:43 pm AEDT  
Blogger ange said...

RH silly me! What a dumb blonde i am!!!!!! (i may be stupid, but not that stupid)

Thanx concise!All is in order now.
PC man coming sat and my car is booked in for monday week. At least i get a courtesy car.

4:46 pm AEDT  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Ange, looks like you are having a bad run. Hope it improves. Take care, Meow

10:45 pm AEDT  
Blogger Sponge Girl said...

Ooh, we had the same thing happen - except it was a tap in the bathroom that snapped. After finally closing the water off at the mains (and we live in a block of flats, so there were a fair few peopole pissed off because of it...) we got to mopping up the mess.

A cubic metre of water, for those not in the know, makes a big mess.

We laid all our towels down and started wringing the water out the windows (and lost a towel and an accidental sock this way). It was dark, cold, and we had no electricity.

Probably a good thing, what with the water 'n' all...

Finally once the excess water was out we could get a plumber in to fix the damn tap and return to normal life.

Of course, having wooden floors meant that they curled up because of the moisture, and our carpets started to smell funny.

It was painful, but fortunately it was over fairly quickly.

Sorry, I just sometimes need to vent that experience...

11:54 pm AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home