Sunday, January 29, 2006

NOT A GOOD GUT INSTINCT.

I AM DECLINING THE POSITION OF THE JOB THAT I WAS ACCEPTED.
The letter i recieved off the director of nursing is unsatisfactory.

This is my letter;

Dear,

Thank-you for accepting me for the position as an Endorsed Division 2 (medication administration)

I was so pleased and proud that I had been accepted the position via your phone call on the 25th of January.

When I received your letter in the mail on Friday the 27th, my mood dampened, and I was quite disappointed. The reasons being are;

1. The starting date is specified the 20th of February, but there is no time as to when start on this day. I had to call you on your mobile to find out commencement time.

2. The wages state $18.10 an hour. This is quite poor, due to the responsibilities of medication administration as outlined by you during my interview as part of the position being offered.
I truly believed the hourly rate would be more or equal to what I am receiving at the hospital, which is greater than what you are going to offer.

3. There are no details in the letter specifying working days, hours to be worked and, no specification of uniform. You have also asked me to sign the enclosed duplicates of both this letter and the attached conditions of employment when there are no duplicates attached to the document.

I understand that this is a position that you have never had before. However, as stated above, I believe these issues should have been addressed prior to advertising. Organization and professionalism of this position are below my standard; therefore I will not be accepting the position.

I thank-you for your time.

Yours sincerely
Angela.

So there you go guys! I have made my decision.
I will continue to look around. I dont want to be the guinea pig for this positin and be paid approx $70 less a week than what i am getting now. That would be very foolish...

Today i went to the springvale cemetary(the 5th largest in the world), as there is a memorial spot where my grandmothers ashes are. OMG the place is beautiful! The well manicured gardens, lawns and layout are spectacular. I placed some pink carnations in the vase next to her name and had a little chat. I felt silly. But who knows the unknown, she may have been there watching/ listening to me.
And there was a beautiful garden called the garden of remembrance(i think),
thats where i want to go when i die. It was paradise!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When i was a teenager i always said I wanted to be cremated and have my ashes sprinkled over Simon LeBon's house!!!!

What a FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad u had a nice chat, I am sure Poppy was there smiling at u.....

1:18 am AEDT  
Blogger Fred said...

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but you did the right thing. I mean, who accepts a job making less money?

Glad your grandma is in such a wonderful place. It sounds terrific.

3:25 am AEDT  
Blogger consise10 said...

You most definately did the right thing ange and you put it very 'assertively' in words. Good for you!

8:44 pm AEDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So why did you apply for the job in the first place, to further your career?
You've been hasty. You could have negotiated. Next time you write a letter like that send it to me. I'll re-write it for you.

Miss Nixie, I'd never want your ashes scattered over my joint. It's reputation is bad enough already.

12:47 am AEDT  
Blogger ange said...

RH,

If you must know, the hospital didn't have a policy in place for me to adminster medications. I was told it would be up and running befor x-mas.
Anyway, i decided i cant wait around, i need some work where i can utilise my skills.Thats why i went for the job.
This nursing hone couldn't specify anything in my interview, not even wages. I was told everything would be in a letter!
WRONG!!!
So i believe maybe my little scare of leaving got the ball moving. I know my boss sent an email to the CEO and DON of the hospital after she recieved a call from the aged care facility referencing me.
So now ther is a policy and im doing what ive been waiting for for over a year.

9:11 pm AEDT  
Blogger ange said...

Oooops, excuse the typo errors!

9:12 pm AEDT  
Blogger R.H. said...

I see. You've got things moving.

Miss Ange, never apologise for your typos.
They are cute.
Without them, you would not be Miss Ange.
MY Miss Ange.
So charming and fascinating.
So cute.

Robert.

7:57 am AEDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cad Robert!!!

\ange is ur cute charming thing, and I have a 'reputation'?????

Pffttt!! as if I would do u the honor,lol!!!

2:14 am AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home