Friday, April 01, 2005

April fools day."I was the fool"

bragging on about my new car today to my work friends. i told them all the details. its so exciting!!!!
Any way i had a meeting with my boss and an ANF representative about my job title. i discover that only general nurses (according to the hospitals policy) are permitted to do venepuncture. i have a certificate from a course i completed in 2001 to do such a procedure. when i was employed i was told that i could do blood taking as i have the qualification. well ive been doing this for 4 years years now, and i get told today that i am not allowed to. this is absolutely rediculous! the blood sisters of the hospital are RN Division 2's just like me! whats the difference? go figure.....
I also learn that div 2's in the emergency department do blood taking and IV cannulation. shouldnt it be "whats good for one is good for all?" As for medication administration, i find out off the ANF rep that it will probably take 18months until the protocol is effective. I dont know what to do! should i leave and find work elsewhere so i can use my skills? im very disheartened at present. After our 2hr meeting, i returned to the ward and the girls were telling me that my mobile phone was ringing. i said "Oh yeah i will check it later." i was thinking of my job and what information i just was bombarded with. i didnt care about my mobile phone. then others were comming up saying"Ange your mobile was ringing." i just said," yeah its a great tune isnt it?" Nothing was sinking in. my mind was preoccupied with other thoughts. then the ward clerk said "Ange they have played a prank on you, theres a message on your mobile about your new car."once again i really didnt take notice of what she said. so i finished my nursing duties then went and heard a message on my phone. it said:
"Hello angela, its paul here from mazda. im just ringing to let you know that unfortunately the colour titanium grey that you have ordered is not available until another four months. we have red or white only. im sorry about the inconvenience but if you could please get back to me ASAP".
stupid me believed it! i was going around saying "OMG, what am i going to do?" i was even going to call dad to see what he would say.i was a tad pissed off with everything that happened. the meeting and now this! maxine then turned around and said "ange, its not true. its aprils fools, that was the prank." i asked, "who rang me then? It was none of you guys and the ward phone numer didnt come up as private?" One of the other girls called me a dag as she said we told you we done a prank. I responded by saying,"i thought your prank didnt work as the phone number that came up was one that im not familiar with, and who was it anyway?" it was one of the other girls boyfriends. she rung him at home and told him what to say. so he rang my phone and used a very good take off of a proffessional voice. i had a laugh, and so did my work friends. i did feel like a fool.
when i got home, i told my mum about my day and all that happened. later that evening my mobile rang and i looked at the screen to see that it was my dad. i answered and said "hi dad". he put on a funny voice claiming to be incharge of the boat responsible for shipping my car over from japan. he was telling me the boat had sunk, and that i will be not be getting my car!I said" good one dad. i know its you and april fools is over!!!" we had a chuckle and a brief chat. my dad the joker...

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like they have singled you out for some reason. Do any of the other Div 2's that do do the blood work have more qualifications than you? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.
I'd seriously look around for something else but keep it quiet for now.

Oh and you gullible girl for falling for the joke. shows ya what ya get for bragging LOL!
bloody funny though!!

12:33 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

actually i am the only highest qualified div2 on the ward. the others have done blood taking and the med course too. i am on the highest pay point than the others as i have completed an abundance of courses. so my pay point goes up.i really dont know what to think. i am very dissapointed at the moment.

12:50 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have they talked to any others??

Ask around.
just doesn't sound right.

1:10 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just had another thought.

perhaps cos your on the higher pay rate its making them try to discourage you and make you think about moving on so they can save a bit of money. if this is the case it seems rather sneaky.

1:19 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

nah i dont think its either of them. the div1's get paid shit loads more than me. it wasnt just me in the meeting. it was the other div2's as well.

10:54 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok... i guess someone has come down on them from above.

you've been doing the blood work up until now right?

11:12 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewww... what happened there?? delete some of those repeats ange!

11:16 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewww... what happened there?? delete some of those repeats ange!

11:16 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:16 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:16 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Excuse me laughing, but you birds sure do attract some prize weirdos.

11:57 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Get the IP.

11:59 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Or maybe you like this sort of sickhead stuff. Maybe it's fun - for you. But for me it's worthless. Childish.

6:36 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

LOL K.I you remind me of my nan: repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat,repeat,repeat,

7:52 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok lets see if it works tonight.

Ange i'm not as old as Poppy so i have no excuse other than to say that the internet is a strange thing and strange things happen.

and Rob. you take things very literally dont ya?
Do you really think that i sent exactly the same message over and over again. Your wierd and especially after reading some of your other comments Saying your wierd is a compliment. Now dont ask me to insult you OK. LOL

8:35 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Dear Anonymous, Phyllis, Charley, Retriever 4, Ki - Go ahead, insult me, see how you go.

The internet isn't strange. Some people are strange, that's all.

6:31 am AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

robert.. I'm not going to try to insult you. i think the life (or lack of) you lead is insult enough.

7:40 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

LMAO...

9:41 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Weak.

This is your life (lives).

I'll leave you to it.

Bye.

10:29 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob.... try an intelligent comment for a change... it might make you feel better... at least then you might not be as boring as you seem to be.

10:35 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Oh my, suddenly your writing has changed. Thanks, you've done what I wanted.

Listen poof, you'd be the most boring bastard I've ever seen on this internet. You're a misery- guts. A creep. And you know it.
I'll tell you this, I've never believed in 'Karma', but by golly, now that I see the results of it, I'm sorry I ever pimped for your mother.

Best regards,
Robert.

11:25 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Bye.

11:26 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear.. thought this would happen. you've resorted to personal vilification and you dont even know me. How typical are you. it didn't even take much to rile you.

I said INTELLIGENT comments. do you know what that means??

your not happy with your life are you?

9:44 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home