Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Not ready

Thankyou to all who have left comments to my last post. My nan is still fighting the will to live. she's an incredibly tenacious woman. She is very weak, dehydrated, confused and is developing jaundice. However she's obviously not ready to let go.She was so near to ending her 84 and a half years of life last week, but fluctuates day by day. God is not ready to accept her.

I admire my mother who has taken on the responsibility of one on one hands care. Palliative care and RDNS is also in place. Thank goodness there is support out there. Otherwise i believe my mother would have had a break down by now. I too go to visit when able. I cant get to much time off work at the present time. But if my mother was to call in dire straits, i would drop everything to be by her side in a flash.My mother and nan have always had a close bond.Kind of like a couple that are inseperable.

I will keep you informed of my last closest living grandparent.
Hugs and kisses to you all xxoo

p.s I started to smoke again!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ange said...

thanx nic. she was a kind warm person to anybody and everybody.

7:30 pm AEDT  
Blogger consise10 said...

I like the way you talk about your family. You sound very caring and protective of your mother and gran. Its a situataion which isnt easy for any of you as you depict here in your post and I sincerely hope your Gran doesn`t suffer much longer.

The picture you posted is of a happier moment, thanks for sharing it here Ange.

10:19 pm AEDT  
Blogger ange said...

I dont have a big family. i have to say im very close to my mum(my bestest friend), dad,nan and uncle. i dont see my sister or nephew, i havn't seen my one and only cousin in 17yrs, i have 2 aunts i see once a yr, and one uncle i see maybe once a month.At the moment a bit more regularly as nan(his mum)is dying.

Thank-you so much for your kind words.*hugs*

11:26 pm AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home