Thursday, October 27, 2005

Quitting

My chest feels like an elephant is standing on it. The coughing makes it worse. And no one dare make me laugh. Its so uncomfortable.

And what Im bringing up when I cough is NOT pretty. God I feel like crap!
I haven't been to the doctors. All she will do is put me on a course of antibiotics. Yeah I guess some would say " treat the infection with medication." But honestly, panadol, lots of fluids and rest does the trick. I cant be stuffed sitting in the doctors waiting room where communal bugs linger in the air. What a stupid thing to write. HELLO! I work in a hospital. Like, there's no microbes their, is there? LOL.

But what Im getting at, am I ill due to the quitting of smoking? I have heard along the grape vine that a lot of quitters do get sick. It makes sense doesn't it?
You once pumped poisions into your lungs where they didn't work effectively. Then your lungs start to clear. So am I now more susceptible to infections?
Im guessing that I am at the present time. My dad quit 20yrs ago. He said he felt like crap for months. Mum said he was irritable and difficult to live with. Well I've no one to be irritable with. So that's a good thing. I just want to be healthy. I have to ride it through.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it,
You can do it
You can do it
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:02 pm AEST  
Blogger WDKY said...

I've heard that too... best of luck, and yes... you can do it!!!

8:07 pm AEST  
Blogger Nic said...

Im going with what nixie says..
You can do it
you can do it
you can do it..

and when your done can you show me how to give up this dirty discusting smoking habit... I admire that you are strong enough to do it! YAY ANGE!!

1:23 am AEST  
Blogger ange said...

thanx guys.it's my will power thats doing it. And also a young girl aged 38 died on our ward from lung cancer(From smoking). pretty scary huh. im 5yrs off turning 38. i dont want to die young from my own stupidity.

10:53 am AEST  
Blogger consise10 said...

Good on you ange for taking the step towards quitting.

6:36 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Great blog - check out mine too...

http://danielsheridan.blogspot.com

and my book:

http://www.lovelifelustlife.co.uk

8:56 am AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home