Monday, October 17, 2005

Annual Leave

ok. Here goes: Ange is turning over a new leaf.The day has arrived that I have quit smoking. I have my daily dose of nicotine patches. Mind you, i admit that i had my last 2 cigarette's this morning, then wacked on a patch, followed by a visit to the dentist where he cleaned and polished my teeth.Now in due time, the lung butter will churn, and i will be expectorating the sludge that has coated my lungs for the past 15yrs.I think thats descriptive enough.Yucky!

I have been telling myself all day,"I am not a smoker. I do not want to become oxygen dependant from COPD(chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).I am going to rid my body from poisons. I will exercise and become fit. I have will power. I CAN DO IT.I will do it!!!!!!

So as today is the start of one weeks annual leave, Iam going to better myself.More positive thinking and looking after myself. God, i am nearlly 33! Geez.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric G said...

I did it cold turkey back in August. What I found helped me was to cut of some straws, (cig lenght) , each time I had a craving, I sucked Clean Healthy Air into my lungs. It took care of the craving, gave me the same "feeling as if I was doing that Habit" yet kept me form lighting up that Crap.

Make sure you drink plenty of water and take extra vitimins during your phase. Your are a Nurse, so you should know all the stuff, but 28 days and you should be free of any additcion.

I did it cold turkey, but I was motivated at the time as well. If seems liek you are motivated as well. DON't let the little crap get to you.

Smoke a Straw!! If needed!!

Eric

11:23 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

what a brilliant idea!!right now as i write this i have a craving like you wouldn't believe.Its almost 8am and i am having my coffee. Somethings missing? Ooops NO!! im sticking to my positve thoughts. I will go and have a straw and coffee instead.Thanx Eric.

7:52 am AEST  
Blogger ange said...

thanx Loz. This is great to hear that others have done it.Especially being a past heavy smoker as i was. Your words inspire me. If you can go from one and 1/2 pks a day to nothing, i can do it to!Than you for your support.

10:52 am AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT...

i did at least 5 times ;)

12:55 am AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Go you! I have never been a smoker but I know plenty who are addicted. Good for you for making positive life changes!

4:02 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home