Saturday, September 24, 2005

A bit about "ME"

I was born in november 1972.I was 8 weeks premature.My mother tells me she didn't even get to bond with me as i was placed in a humidity crib for 3 months.

I developed a turn in my eye at 6 months of age.The pediatrician told my mother i have this condition as she had toxoplasmosis while pregnant. An infection which is flu like that is contracted from cats.I am permanently partially blind in my right eye.

Visits were never ending to and from the childrens hospital.I have severe asthma.Mum and dad are told the worst, that i may not survive the night from an intense, severe asthma attack.They prepare.But i pull through.

At age 10 i have grown out of my asthma.I still have the turn in my eye, and i am costantly teased at school being labelled as "bung Eyes."
I have an operation on my 15th birthday to straighten my eye. Its a success.Both my eyes are corrected but my vision will always be impaired.After the op, i freak as i am seeing double.I am reasurred that this is normal as the muscles in the eye have been shortened to correct the squint.It takes a good year or so until i see normally.

I attended a private school.I Was an average student.The fees are phenominal.My parents send me to a girls only private school.Big mistake!

Here i played up.Wagged school.Didnt study.Was oh sooo naughty.Coped detentions.Even saturday ones where i had to go to school in uniform! How embarressement.Was suspended and then expelled.

So, its off to the local high school where i get my act together.
My grades improved.I made some great friends.I have lost some but remain best buddies with nicky.

I complete year 11 successfully. Mum and dad give me the option to go and work or complete year 12.I opt to go and work.

I started off working as a personal care attendant(PCA) in a nursing home.They provided me with on the the job training.I continue this path until im 24 and decide to go to tafe to do nursing.

I remember having to have an interview infront of a panel.A very nerve racking experience!
I studied hard that year and the results showed.My report came back mainly with distinctions and one or two high distinctions. I was proud,as well as my parents.

I had a partner of 3yrs.He wanted to propose.I declined as we were in a long distance relationship.It eventually fizzled after 5yrs of dating.He was my first true love.I still think of him today.I saw him 3 yrs ago in the city.A very weird heart stopping experience.

I continued to work in a few nursing homes, then i took the plunge for a change.I applied for a job at a public hospital.I got it! I have now been working in the acute setting for 5yrs.And i continue to study short courses here and there.

I live alone.I hate it and i love it.I work 8 shifts a fortnight but i am able to do more as there is always a vacant shift available.

I work hard.I own everything off my own back.Nothing has ever been handed down to me on a silver platter.I have never had a loan,nor a mortgage.Mind you i am currently renting.The rent goes to my parents as its their house.I'd rather pay them than some other tom dick or harry.They worked hard to raise me and my sister.She is another story.There's some stories here in my blogs about her.I will leave it there about my relationship with my older sister.We dont see eye to eye.

I felt like writting a little about my life.There's so much more, But i will leave it there until another entry.Night night blogland buddies....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:16 pm AEST  
Blogger 411LTD said...

I do so enjoy your posts. Thanks for sharing about you. Fascinating tale! I've listed your blog at my website called www.BLoGademic.com ... hope it's ok with you. If not, there's an email link at bottom of page that you can reach me back at.

warm laugh and a crooked grin
Pauline

9:41 am AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was a lovely piece of writing babe, but I know EVERYTHING about u....

10:51 pm AEST  
Blogger ange said...

yes my sweet, i know you do. I may even include an experience we had together.Maybe a pissed story.LOL. we'll see.luv ya xxoo

10:58 pm AEST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh definately a pissed story, lol...

11:48 pm AEST  
Blogger R.H. said...

Some occupations aren't necessary at all, no use to anyone. But the work you do is enormously worthwhile.
Whatever else anyone might say about you, they can't deny that.

1:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home