Tuesday, March 08, 2005

pal care.

well my mum called me at work today to tell me my nans been admitted into a palliative care hospital. her diarrhoea is out of control. when i got there she was incontinent and i started to help shower her when "mark" the nurse came and took over. hmmmm. not bad i must say. when he introduced himself as mark to my nan, she thought he said his name was smart. so then we started a little joke of calling him "smart mark".was funny. ha ha...
my nan was so repeatative;
"why am i here?"
"whos going to look after puppy?" (DOG IS 7 YRS OLD!)
"whats the blood test for?"
"im ready to go home now!"
she said this eight times in the half hour that i had been there!
i had to walk away for some chill out time. so did my mum.
she couldnt even remember "mark" showering her because she had been incontinent of poo!!!
i decided it would be a good idea to write on a piece of paper as to why shes in hospital and what they are doing for her. this was placed in front of her on her bedside table. so she then asked a million questions about the note i had written! my mum is a saint for all that she does. i really dont think my nan will be going home. either she will deteriorate or bounce back and end up in a nursing home. i feel sad. this is my one and last grandparent in the land of the living. and this 83yr old woman used to be so independant. old age is a curse....

Also the young woman i was talking about who was terminal with cancer passed away this afternoon. RIP.

1 Comments:

Blogger R.H. said...

I can picture you writing that note. You're very earnest. Very efficient.

12:02 am AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home