Wednesday, April 04, 2007

this year so far..........

hello bloggers! yes im back after a long break from pc land...
A lot has happened to me since my last post. Some is secret and some i can share.
Firstly, i have taken on a 2nd job in a private hospital. Its casual work, approximately one day a week. Its ok. Theres pros and cons like any job. However i still enjoy my work at the public hospital working a permanent position.
Secondly i have troubles with my pussy. Yes! My mischievious ball of fluff has started to behave badly. And its my cat that i speak of. LOL
He has been peeing in the house. Not once, twice or three times. There is four widows he has chosen to mark his scent. I always wondered why he only used the cat tray to poo in. I presumed he was urinating in the baths sink. Oh how wrong i was.
I left him in the house for 2 days during our HOT summer as i went away. On my return i could smell the strong aroma of cat urine wafting up my nostrils as i sat on the couch in the family room. Here i decided to investigate with my nose sniffing all around the room. Bingo! The ammonia smell knocked me for six as i sucked it in from the carpet at the window. NOT HAPPY.
Then i started to search around the house for other places and found that he had been peeing on my bedroom curtains, another window in the family room, and one in the lounge. I scrubed the carpet with stain remover and went to the vet to get some advice.
I had researched this habit and found a product named urine off. I mentioned it to the vet and was told that sprays wont work. He gave me some tablets that cost $48 for a months supply. Its kind of a relaxant to prevent unwanted bad behavior. Fingers crossed it does the trick.
My house smells of moth balls. ewwwww..... reason being; i was advised by the vet nurse to put down the moth balls in the spots where puss has been urinating as cats hate the smell and it will assist in the odour thats in the room. What a naughty naughty moggy. Funily enough, i still love him to bits..........
Thats all for now. be back soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ange, welcome back to blogland !!
Hey, what a naughty kitty ... this is probably gonna be an obvious question ... has he been desexed ??? Cats misbehave like this for so many reasons, as your vet probably told you. Good luck trying to sort it out !! Isn't it a difficult smell to remove from the carpet, by the way !!! I must have gone through gallons of different things, trying to get rid of it. In the end, I poured water with disinfectant over the area, slurped it up with my SLurpex sponge, and did this over and over a few times. The floor was saturated, but the smell is gone !!
Have a wonderful, widdle-free Easter, Ange.
Take care, Meow

11:43 am AEST  
Blogger ange said...

yes he has been de sexed. i had to take him off the tablets. he was sooooo depressed and cowering. i think i will wash the curtains and steam clean the carpet. the tablets were called colmicalm. very evil medication. he wasnt my cat.... hes now back to his loving playful self.

11:25 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home