Thursday, January 27, 2005

australia day!

no public holiday for me today....no no no.i had to work. the day started off cruisy and all was done by 10.30. so i opened my mouth and was saying "my god its so quiet, ive finished all my work and i want to go home!"that was a big mistake.....i went out side for a ciggy and on returning to the ward i was told i missed all the commotion. a patient had had a collapse so the emergency team was called. the patient survived. however approximately an hour and a half later there was another code called on a different patient. this time the patient had collapsed and i had to run and get the crash cart! shit the adrenalin was running....i was a bit scared as to what was going to happen. as it turned out the patient was ventillated by the drs present and i was the one to scribe the events. i was shitting my pants as ive never scribed before. so i thought ive just got to write everything word for word that was happening to the patient at the time.as time passed the patient returned to a so so stable condition and i had to return to my nursing duties of the patients i was caring for. a code is pretty scary, you have to be quick as time depends on the survival of the individual.....apart from that my day was good. i have one complaint. bloody massive cockcroaches....ive now killed 3 in 3 days. is there a plague?ive never seen such evil ugly critters in melbourne. ive seen them in QLD, but not here.they make my skin crawl.....yuck!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger R.H. said...

Nurses are too good looking, too clean, too capable, too correct in everything. No nurse has ever had to tell me off, one glance is enough.

6:54 am AEDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home